- Currently, nominations are being requested for papers that were presented at the 2017 ISA annual convention in Baltimore. Panel chairs and discussant and paper presenters please make nominations!
- Graduate students may nominate their own papers as well.
- Graduate student papers that have been co‐authored with professors are not eligible for nomination for the best graduate student paper.
- Eligible papers must have been presented at the ISA conference in Baltimore, but not necessarily in a panel sponsored by the ESS.
- Authors do not have to be ESS members – while, of course, we encourage authors to join our section.
ISA members Dr. Rachel Tiller (SINTEF Ocean), Assistant Professor Elizabeth Nyman (Texas A&M at Galveston) and Professor Aslaug Asgeirsdottir (Bates College) were invited to participate at a UNAI-ISA Forum to discuss the ongoing process towards a new Treaty under UNCLOS, looking at Biodiversity in Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction (BBNJ).
The following is a list of all the new officers of the ISA.
- Fariborz Zelli (2019), Lund University (Sweden), email@example.com
Vice-chair & Programme Chair:
- Sikina Jinnah (2019), University of California Santa Cruz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- D.G. Webster (2018), Dartmouth College, D.G.Webster@dartmouth.edu
- Wil Burns (2018), Forum for Climate Engineering Assessment, American University, email@example.com
- Susan Park (2018), University of Sidney, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agni Kalfagianni (2019), Utrecht University (The Netherlands), email@example.com
- Ken Conca (2019), American University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Downie (2019), Fairfield University, email@example.com
- Charles Roger (2019), University of Toronto, firstname.lastname@example.org
The new leadership team of the ESS is Chair Fariborz Zelli and Vice Chair Sikina Jinna.
Associate Professor Fariborz Zelli works at the Faculty for Social Science at Lund University, in Sweden, in the Department of Political Science. His main research or teaching areas are:
1 international institutions
2 global environmental governance
3 political theory and philosophy
The Award for best grad student paper went to Scott Hamilton for “Our climate is nuclear”, here with outgoing Chair Susan Park.
The winner of the 2017 Sprout Award is: ENDING THE FOSSIL FUEL ERA, edited by Thomas Princen, Jack P. Manno and Pamela L. Martin.
This is Pameral Martin with outgoing Chair Susan Park accepting the award at the ESS reception in Baltimore, 2017.
Below is Professor Raul Pacheco-Vega presenting the award at the ESS Business meeting.