Chair: Prakash Kashwan (2025), Brandeis University
Vice-Chair: Kemi Fuentes-Georges (2025), Middlebury College
The Executive Committee consists of the Chair and Vice-Chair, plus six other members, each elected for a two-year term. One half of the general members are elected at the annual meeting each year. The Executive Committee appoints from within itself the office of secretary; appoints committees, the section newsletter editor and webmaster; enacts budgets and dues; sets rules and tentative agenda for the annual meeting of members; decides on the recipients of the section’s distinguished scholar award and graduate paper award; and conducts the business of the section at times between the annual meetings of members.
- Manisha Anantharaman (2024), St Mary’s College
- Jeannie Sowers (2024), University of New Hampshire
- Rak Kim (2024), Utrecht University
- J. Samuel Barkin (2025), University of Massachusetts Boston
- Todd Eisenstadt (2025), American University
- Kimberly Marion Suiseeya (2025), Northwestern University
The Nominating Committee has four members, including at least one member from outside the Executive Committee, each elected for two-year terms. One half of the members are elected at the annual meeting each year. The Chairperson is an ex-officio member of the Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee seeks to ensure a slate representative reflecting the diversity within the section, including various disciplines, intellectual and methodological stances, ages and sexes, institutions, and geographic locations. It solicits nominations from the section membership by e-mail and presents to the membership by e-mail for a vote the names of one or more nominees for each vacant position at least two weeks prior to the annual meeting. Those who have not voted by e-mail may vote in person at the annual meeting.
- Katja Biedenkopf (2024), KU-Leuven
- Stefan Renckens (2024), University of Toronto
- Lily Hsueh (2025), Arizona State University
- Noémie Laurens (2025), Geneva Graduate Institute
The Harold and Margaret Sprout Award Committee consists of five members, three of whom are elected in a given year and two of whom are elected in the alternate year. The Committee selects its own chair. It is responsible for selecting the annual winner of the Harold and Margaret Sprout Award for the best book in global environmental politics.
- Marielle Papin (2024), McGill University
- Rachel Tiller (2024), SINTEF-Norway
- Klaus Dingwerth (2025), University of St. Gallen
- Janina Grabs (2025), ESADE Business School
- Nina Hall (2025), Johns Hopkins University
The Outreach Committee has four officers, serving two-year terms. It is responsible for getting the word out about ISA-ESS to a broader audience. In particular, it seeks ensure that graduate students, junior scholars, and scholars from underrepresented populations are aware of and find benefit from becoming a part of the ESS. The committee is tasked with regularly reaching out to groups of people who might not know about or be active in ESS to provide information about the benefits of participating. In addition, the committee seeks to augment those benefits, by creating events, activities, and services (such as special panels or other events at conferences or during the year) focused on mentoring and provision of other information or opportunities to a broad community of ESS-related scholars and teachers. The committee also solicits and considers requests for whatever ESS budget is allocated to conduct ESS events at conferences outside of the main ISA conference, with an eye toward raising the profile of ESS.
- Thomas Jamieson (2024), University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Devon Cantwell-Chavez (2024), University of Ottawa
- Laure Gosselin (2025), Université Laval
- Supraja Sudharsan (2025), The Pennsylvania State University
Representative to the GEP Editorial Board
- Juliann Emmons Allison, University of California, Riverside
Engaged Scholar Award Committee
- Kate Neville, University of Toronto
- Miriam Prys-Hansen, German Institute for Global and Area Studies
Engaged Scholar Award Committee
Ad Hoc Committee on Updating and Harmonization