About the Award
Graduate students are invited to participate in the ESS Graduate Student Paper Award Competition sponsored by the Environmental Studies Section of ISA. The award was established in 2011 to recognize the best paper with an environment-related theme presented at the ISA Annual Convention.
Recipients must meet the Following Criteria:
- Recipient must be a current member of ISA
- Nominations are being requested for papers that were presented at the previous ISA annual convention.
- Graduate student papers that have been co‐authored with professors are not eligible for nomination for the best graduate student paper
- The awardee receives a $150 prize along with a certificate.
- The awardee also receives consideration for publication by the journal Global Environmental Politics
- The Award Committee makes the selection and is responsible for notifying the recipient of the award
Apply for the ESS Graduate Student Paper Award
The deadline for nominations is June 1st
- To complete the nomination, e-mail a copy of your paper (in MS Word or PDF format) to the chair of the award committee no later than June 1st to the chair of the award committee.
- Panel chairs, discussant and paper presenters make nominations (graduate students may nominate their own papers as well)
- Nominations should be sent by e-mail to ESS Chair – see Officer page