Please see the Officers page for an updated list of officers, with the year of their service ending in parenthesis.
The following is a list of all the new officers of the ISA.
Vice-chair & Programme Chair:
- D.G. Webster (2018), Dartmouth College, D.G.Webster@dartmouth.edu
- Wil Burns (2018), Forum for Climate Engineering Assessment, American University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Park (2018), University of Sidney, email@example.com
- Agni Kalfagianni (2019), Utrecht University (The Netherlands), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ken Conca (2019), American University, email@example.com
- David Downie (2019), Fairfield University, firstname.lastname@example.org
The new leadership team of the ESS is Chair Fariborz Zelli and Vice Chair Sikina Jinna.
Associate Professor Fariborz Zelli works at the Faculty for Social Science at Lund University, in Sweden, in the Department of Political Science. His main research or teaching areas are:
1 international institutions
2 global environmental governance
3 political theory and philosophy
Read the full post
(278 words, 1 image)
Happy new year, and we hope this finds you all well. The Nominations Committee of the ISA Environmental Studies Section invites nominations for a number of Section Offices. There are a number of vacancies, and opportunities to be involved in the ESS:
- Executive Committee (6 members, rolling 2-year terms): 3 vacancies
- Nominations Committee (4 members, rolling 2-year terms): 2 vacancies
- Sprout Committee Members (5 members, rolling 2-year terms): 2 vacancies
Self-nominations are welcome. If you choose to nominate a colleague, please ensure that the person you are nominating is willing to stand for election.
Read the full post
(221 words, 1 image)
Each year the ISA President-Elect is asked to nominate members to serve on several committees of ISA. Please contact t.paul (at) mcgill.ca for a list of committees that need to be filled next year.
In your recommendation or self nomination, please make sure you pay adequate attention to the full spectrum of ISA membership, in particular women, Non-North American members (especially from the Global South), minorities and other under represented groups, senior and junior colleagues, those who are regular attendees of ISA conferences, as well as those who likely will devote some of their time to the committee work. It will also help if you mention different committees that they, or you yourself, may be able to serve.
Please send your recommendations to t.paul (at) mcgill.ca directly by April 30th, with their email addresses and web links.
These are the officers for 2015:
Chair: Susan Park (2017)
International Relations, University of Sydney
Vice-Chair: Fariborz Zelli (2017)
Department of Political Science, Lund University