Before the San Francisco ISA Conference disappears from memory, please nominate papers written and presented by graduate students for the ESS Graduate Student Paper Award.
- Currently, nominations are being requested for papers that were presented at the 2018 ISA annual convention in San Francisco. Panel chairs and discussant and paper presenters please make nominations!
- Graduate students may nominate their own papers as well.
- Graduate student papers that have been co‐authored with professors are not eligible for nomination for the best graduate student paper.
- Eligible papers must have been presented at in San Francisco, but not necessarily in a panel sponsored by the ESS.
- Eligible papers should not have already been accepted or published by a journal.
- Authors do not have to be ESS members – while, of course, we encourage authors to join our section (i.e. when renewing your next ISA membership fee, tick the ESS box).
- This said, papers should have a clear and dominant environmental angle.
- Papers may be revised versions based on the comments you received at the ISA convention (but not fundamental changes in terms of different topic and approach)
- Nominations should be sent by e-mail to ESS Chair Fari Zelli (Fariborz.email@example.com)
- To enter the competition, e-mail a copy of your paper (in MS Word or PDF format) by no later than June 1st 2017.
- The awardee receives a $150 prize plus consideration for publication by the journal Global Environmental Politics
Thanks & all the best,